Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Carencro, Louisiana
Trussco is Hiring a Mechanic in Carencro, LA
Mechanic’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on engines / machinery.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, injectors, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, pumps and valves.
- Perform the installation and adjustment of brakes, batteries, tires, safety devices, hydraulic hoses and fittings. Overhaul equipment as required.
- Perform inspections of equipment for operating deficiencies and make routine adjustments where necessary. Secure tools, parts, and equipment as necessary.
- Make recommendations for outsourcing repairs of equipment and vehicles. Provide road service to fleet vehicles and other grounds equipment
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Communicate with shop foreman.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Operate various power tools in accordance with company and safety policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must meet substance abuse screening requirement.
- Is willing and able to work overtime, shift work, rotating schedules, irregular hours, nights, weekends, and / or holidays as business needs may require.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities of his / her position.
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- May be required to work in tight spaces or on elevated platforms.
- Required safety training must be current.
- Must have at least 3 years mechanical experience.
Earnings & Benefits:
* Competitive pay depending on experience
* * Excellent Benefits Package