Title: Slickline Field Service Hand
Location: Williston, ND
- Physical ability to perform medium to heavy manual labor. Position requires standing, walking, and sitting, while working both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent she/he understands and is able to effectively communicate verbal and written instruction.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements
- This position requires the ability to assist in the operation of the wireline unit rig and its components and other associated tools and equipment.
- The position requires various types and levels of job-related training with respect to wireline operations and company’s standards operating procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the company.
- While performing this job, the field service hand will be required to lift, carry, pull, push, reach, squat, kneel and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure extended hours on location, varying environmental fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the company’s safety manual and/or the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations and requirements.
- This position requires the ability and willingness to wear the following personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment to including, but not limited to
- safety glasses, face shields, goggles, earmuffs/plugs, steel toe boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suit and gloves, and FRC (Fire Retardant Clothing).
- Passing the company’s drug screening process.
- Passing the company’s background check.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Experience / Qualifications:
Slickline experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Able to work as part of a 2 or 3 -man Slickline crew, assisting in the operations of the Slickline Unit and aiding in the job tasks and work to be done while performing services on oil and gas wells.
- Scope of Work covers piloting the Wireline Unit to and from location, preparation of Slickline tools and equipment (including maintenance), safe rig up of Slickline Unit & lubricator assembly and required accessories for the execution of various downhole Slickline operations.
- Mobilization of the Slickline Unit to and from customer locations.
- Assisting with the rig up of the Slickline Unit, equipment & tools to execute various Slickline services performed including but not limited to Gas lift Valve Changes, Fishing, Setting and Retrieving Isolation or Blanking Plugs, Bottom Hole Pressure Survey’s, Sand Bailing and many additional services.
- Must hold a current, insurable CDL of Class “A” or Class “B” rating.
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the position.
- Should have knowledge of Wireline Units, Lubricator & Pack off assemblies as well with Camco, Baker, Otis type Slickline tools.
- Assist the operator and crew with onsite activities for the job being executed.
- Must obey safety policies and follow safe working procedures and practices.
- Ensure integrity of Slickline equipment by performing routine repairs, maintenance and adjustments. Must participate in the proper procedure of Slickline tool maintenance.
- Reports all accidents and near misses, involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to his/her supervisor immediately.
- Complies with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and clients.
- Does not operate alone.
- Follows the direction of the supervisor.
- Must have regular and timely attendance at work and/or customer properties.