Offshore, Gulf of Mexico
Charles Holston (CHI) Is hiring an Offshore Rope Access – Level II Blaster/Painter
As a Rope Access – Level II you will assist in operation as needed and directed by supervisor.
- 5 years of blast and paint experience
- Knowledge of equipment, and inspection tools.
- Must meet substance abuse screening requirement.
- Basic Language and comprehension skills are needed.
- Willing and able to work overtime, shift work, rotating schedules, irregular hours, nights weekends and/ or holidays as business needs may require.
- Knowledge of coating application with guns and brush and roll.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities of his/her position and pass a pre employment physical.
- Required safety training must be current or training will be provided upon hire for new inexperienced personnel.
- Able to report to work on time, as directed.
- Assists in the operation of equipment or power tools as directed and in accordance with established company’s and client’s safety rules.
- Connect and disconnect hoses, using proper tools when directed by supervisor or level 3.
- Cleans up work area and equipment after work is completed and assists in maintaining a safe and clean workplace.
- Assists in the inspection of equipment and general work area prior to starting any job, and informs supervisor of deficiencies which may cause accidents, injuries, or lost productivity.
- Participate in company safety and training programs.
- Must have regular and timely attendance at work and/or customer properties.
- Blast/paint when needed; performing hand/power tool operations, abrasive blasting and painting via brush-n-roll and use of pneumatic paint gun (this position is transitioning from a helper to a blaster/painter). This also includes the mixing of paint.
- Inspect rope/rigging prior to getting on any rope access related rigging.
- Ensure that the level I rope personnel are working safely and not alone on ropes.
- Ensure that rope activities are following current SPRAT guidelines.
*The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the Company.
- Competitive Pay
- Hourly rate depending on experience, plus daily overtime
- Great weekly pay, paid bi-weekly
- Available for work on a 14/7 rotation and longer if needed