Title: Night Diesel Mechanic
Location: Center, Texas
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Previous Diesel Mechanic experience preferred but not required.
Repairs and maintains equipment.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on engines / machinery.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, injectors, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, pumps and valves.
- Perform the installation and adjustment of brakes, batteries, tires, safety devices, hydraulic hoses and fittings. Overhaul equipment as required.
- Perform inspections of equipment for operating deficiencies and make routine adjustments where necessary. Secure tools, parts, and equipment as necessary.
- Make recommendations for outsourcing repairs of equipment and vehicles. Provide road service to fleet vehicles and other grounds equipment
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Communicate with shop foreman.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock off equipment when not in use.
- Operate various power tools in accordance with company and safety policies.
- Wear the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions and work permits.
- Understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in company safety and training programs.
- Report all accidents and near misses, involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to manager immediately.
- Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and state.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management personnel.
- Must have regular and timely attendance at work and/or customer properties.
*The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the Company.