Title: WISCO Trucking Diesel Mechanic Technician
Location: Williston, North Dakota
WISCO Trucking, Inc. is seeking a number of highly motivated diesel and heavy truck mechanics for its truck shops located in Williston and Crosby, North Dakota. WISCO Trucking is one of the premier trucking companies servicing the Bakken Oilfield in NW North Dakota.
Mechanic must have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent certification required. Technical or vocational certifications are preferred.
• Previous mechanical experience required.
• Must have ability to troubleshoot minor and major repairs.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to operate different types of trucks and equipment.
• Written and verbal skills required
• Must have basic knowledge of oilfield, trucking and logistic operations.
• Able to stand; walk; use hands, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Ability to work in extreme hot and cold conditions.
• Ability to lift/move up to 75 pounds.
• Willing to work rotating shifts including but not limited to days/nights/evenings/weekends/holidays.
• Ability to perform routine maintenance on fleet vehicles including but not limited to oil changes, tire changes, and service brakes, shoes and drums.
• Competencies in servicing brakes, lights, differentials and running diagnostics.
• At minimum ability to execute complete engine repairs, tractor suspension and rebuilds.
• Mechanics are responsible for the proper maintenance and repair of all company trucks and equipment, rolling fleet and related property.
• Mechanic will diagnose down trucks and equipment and report the root cause failure analysis to the Shop Supervisor and Service Manager.
• Mechanic will identify and report any abuse or neglect with company trucks and equipment to the Service Manager.
• Mechanic follows the established truck and equipment preventative maintenance schedule provided by the Service Manager.
• Mechanic will use the TMW system to open work orders, charge parts and labor hours to jobs.
• Individual will maintain a clean, safe work environment at all times.
• Must follow company and HSE policies and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K benefits available after 30 days of employment (beginning first of the month).
- 10 hour shift or 12 hour shift available
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability