FORCE Environmental Solutions
Diesel Mechanic (EXPERIENCED) NIGHT SHIFT
SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
Must be able to stay out of town if needed, lodging and per diem is provided along with company shop truck. Perform service and preventative maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment including but not limited to oil changes, greasing of vehicles, checking fluid levels, changing/rotating tires and checking/changing brakes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment.
- Perform service when needed on all company vehicles and equipment.
- Working knowledge of truck air systems and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of tank system plumbing and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of truck electrical system and maintenance.
- Occasional fabrication and metal work.
- Working knowledge of shop power tools.
- Operate trucks and equipment – forklift, moffett, manlift, telehandler, etc.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Comply with all safety procedures and DOT requirements.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: One year prior mechanical experience preferred but not required.
- Educational Requirements/Certifications/Licenses: High school diploma
- Skills/Aptitudes/Knowledge Required: Organizational skills, safety oriented, positive attitude, and being a team player are a must. Must have excellent oral communication skills. Must have working knowledge of all basic shop tools/equipment.
- Working Environment/Travel Required: Occasional travel is required. Must be able to work in a shop environment and around heavy equipment.
- Physical Demands/Requirements: Requires frequent standing, sitting and squatting. Must have ability to speak and hear, and have constant use of hands and finger manipulation. Must be able to climb, kneel and reach over the head. Occasional lifting, pushing and pulling requirements of up to 100 pounds.
- Must have a cell phone.