Summary Description: Works as directed, preparing surfaces for final coating application, through masking, degreasing, containment, power tool, thinner wiping, brush and rolling, spray painting and blasting.
1. Operate various tools in accordance with company’s safety policy.
2. Set up all blast pots, route blast lines, air lines and lighting in accordance with OSHA standards.
3. Inspect, prepare and maintain equipment and work area for blast and coating operations.
4. Wear the personal protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions and work permits
5. Participate in company safety training programs.
6. Report all accidents and near misses involving self, company vehicles, or others to manager immediately.
7. Must have regular and timely attendance at work and/or customer properties.
*The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks
as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives
of the Company.
High School diploma preferred, but not required.
Experience / Qualifications:
1. Experience with a variety of coating types and blast media. Able to rig with cable, beams and boards.
2. Knowledge of air operated spiders.
3. Must possess a T.W.I.C. card (Transportation Worker Identification Card).
4. Available for work on a 24 hour callout.
5. Able to use swing rope to board boat or platform.